We’re often told: “trust your instincts” or “trust your gut.”
That may be true some or most of the time. But all of the time? Here are ten instinctive moves that should’ve waited for a second.
- What if it’s just a cold sore? Tongue, prepare to launch. I’m going in for a big smooch.
- Do you believe every “Danger: Shallow Water” sign you read? Watch me do a reverse flip dive.
- Yes, my entrée looks like it’s breathing, but our waitress did say it was an optical illusion.
- His Linkedin profile name is Hannibal Lector Jr., but he’s got lots of coding experience.
- Something tells me a flame-eating, eunuch stripper is just the thing that could help our women’s church group bond.
- It may be the tequilas talking, but I gotta have that Elizabeth Warren tramp stamp.
- I normally don’t give my social security and credit card numbers to strangers, but I normally don’t have the honor of meeting Nigerian royalty.
- Trust me, if the salesman says it was owned by a little old lady who only drove it on Sundays, believe him.
- Yes, I realize we just met, but I have a hunch you’re going to love firewalking.
- I’ve never hired a lawyer who lives in his car, but I like your gumption.
Ben Alper writes for late night talk show hosts, comedians and others. He is the author of “Thank You for Not Talking: A Laughable Look at Introverts.”