Sure, you could answer a detailed and time-consuming questionnaire to find out if you are an introvert. Here’s an easier way. Answer these questions with a simple yes or no.
- While most people enjoy the company of others, I love nothing more than a spirited conversation with myself.
- I often feel alone in a crowd – even when it’s a crowd of my identical clones.
- When working as an exotic dancer, I treasure my alone time before jumping out of bachelor’s party cakes.
- I always choose my words carefully, particularly before screaming for help in a burning building.
- When being examined at my optometrist office, it’s very hard for me to make eye contact with the eye chart.
- I avoid any event that includes group participation, except silent auctions.
- Whenever I’m in a room full of strangers, I usually talk politics with the most-informed lamp shade.
- I always sit in the back of a room. Therefore, I never sit in round-shaped rooms.
- People always tell me I need to come out of my shell. (Note: this question does not apply to clams and lobsters.)
- I notice details others don’t. For example, if I read this test backwards it indicates whether I’m qualified to work in a Romanian call center.
If you answered yes to at least one question, congratulations, you are an introvert. Reward yourself with dinner-for-one at a five-star restaurant. If you answered no to at least one question, treat yourself to dinner, but feel free to make small talk with the maître d’.