Speed dating is a great way to quickly meet a lot of potential mates. Why spend an evening getting to know one person who likes candle-lit dinners and long walks on the beach when you can meet ten or twenty?
Neil, a freelance card counter from Reno, Nevada has one gone one step further. He has embraced speed relationships. “I enjoy companionship, but I’m basically a solitary person who needs his own space. After 90 minutes with someone, I’m ready to move on, go home and stare into the abyss.”
Now, using dating apps, he’s had over 1000 fulfilling relationships in the last six months.
“Speed relationships perfectly suit my lifestyle. After meeting someone online, having a great dinner and an interesting conversation, I’m ready to suggest we should start seeing other people. It doesn’t mean I’m not a romantic. I’ll always cherish our hour together as well as the Ultimate Nachos special.”
Neil says speed relationships have other advantages.
- It’s the one and only time you’ll meet. There’s no chance your date will ever complain, “We never go anywhere!”
- Ambivalence about introducing your new girl or guy to your parents is never an issue – unless they’re sitting in the booth next to you.
- Height disparities are irrelevant since the relationship will probably conclude with both people sitting down.
- As long as you space your dates at least ten minutes apart, infidelity will never be an issue.
- You’ll be long gone before the thrill is gone.
Consider giving speed relationships a try. And remember, love is never having to say, “I promise I’ll call you.”
Ben Alper writes for late night talk show hosts, comedians and others. He is the author of “Thank You for Not Talking: A Laughable Look at Introverts.”