Inside your head, you’re screaming “Hell no!” Another voice surrenders, “I need to pay my rent.” So you gather your strength and say, “I love working on a team.”
It’s not a good position to be in, but wouldn’t it be great if you could at least answer that question honestly and still get the job? Here are some suggestions:
- What’s not to love about discussing cubicle etiquette during five-hour staff meetings?
- Does teeming with anger count?
- I believe in teams. In fact, a team of wild horses dragged me to his job interview.
- Do I enjoy working on a team? A team of what?
- If by being a team player you mean having to acknowledge you presence at least once a year, I’m your woman.
- I’m a team player, but I only high-five co-workers after they apply hand sanitizer.
- There’s not better team player than me – unless you count everyone else.